Best Handheld Vacuum Cleaner in India – Cordless, Portable Vacuums for 2019
Get up and help me clean the house. This is the only thing I am told to do every weekend. Cleaning was never my cup of tea but from the day I was introduced to the amazing handheld vacuum cleaner, this clean-up job never looked stressful in any way.
This baby is simply awesome when it comes to cleaning up the quick mess or when it becomes difficult cleaning the hard-to-reach spots.
Top Handheld Vacuum Cleaner for Home Use
Dyson V8 Absolute+: There is nothing more awesome than entering a spic and span home and that is just what the V8 offers with its top of the line feature that allows it to transform from a stick to a handheld vacuum in seconds for convenient cleaning of every corner and easy storage.
Budget Handheld Vacuum Cleaner
Eureka Forbes Super Clean: At less than Rs 4000, is one of the best handheld vacuums for the money and offers unmatched convenience. Its powerful suction and blowers can clean sofas, curtains, drapes or even the car with great efficiency.
- Best Handheld Vacuum Cleaner in India
- Budget Handheld Vacuum Cleaner
- Handheld Vacuum Cleaner Buying Guide
Best Handheld Vacuum Cleaners in India
In-Depth Handheld Vacuum Cleaner Reviews
#1: Dyson V8 Absolute+ Cord-Free Vacuum Cleaner
Not exactly a Handheld vacuum but that’s the beauty of it as you can turn into one within minutes. So why does that matter? Because as compared to other handheld vacuum cleaners, it can do double or triple the amount of cleaning.
- Cord-free. Hassle-free. Transforms the way you clean
- The Soft Roller Cleaner Head picks up fine dust and large debris from hard floors simultaneously
- The Direct Drive Cleaner head drives bristles deeper into the carpet to remove ground-in dirt
What we like
Got a dirty carpet or flooring? Is it the car interior? Or is it pet hair on the curtain, sofa etc. that needs to be cleaned? Well, doesn’t matter, the Dyson V8 is an absolute beast) and can be used anywhere, everywhere (don’t go by its simple looks).
The flooring speaks volumes on the cleanliness of a home. So to help you put your best foot forward, the V8 features a Soft Roller Cleaner Head which wipes off even the finest of particles on the floor.
Then there is also the Direct Drive Cleaner head which digs deep into any carpet and makes it look just like new by removing all dirt and debris.
Not to forget, there are 8 attachments ranging from a mattress brush, soft dusting brush, extension hose to a Flexi-Crevice tool that ensure no corner of the home is ever left dirty
It isn’t just upholstery or flooring we are talking about here but even the surrounding air. Providing you with clean air is the post-motor filter which is capable of capturing 99.97% of microscopic particles and allergens (there’s nothing the V8 can’t clean).
And for all those smalls nooks and crannies that often go unnoticed like the gap between the sofa cushions, car seats, space below the sofa etc. the V8 turns into a handheld vacuum within a matter of seconds.
The Hygienic Dirt Ejector lets you get rid of all the collected dust with just the press of a single button without you having to get your hands dirty (oh and thank god, no dust bags).
Lastly, it can run 40 minutes on a single charge and notifies you when low on battery. The docking station makes for easy charging. No cords and compact design means the vacuum can be put away anywhere when not in use.
It does not store a huge amount of dust which means the bin will need to be emptied out on a regular basis.
Personally, I would have like a little more runtime considering a full charge takes about 2-3 hours but 40 minutes is enough time to have your entire house spic and span.
It also not the ideal vacuum cleaner for wet cleaning so cleaning up spills will need the regular mop.
And lastly, it is pricey but cleaning your home doesn’t get any more convenient than with the Dyson V8. In short, it’s worth every rupee you will ever spend.
#2: RNG EKO GREEN
Matching the Dyson in turn of a stylish design and even excellent features is the RNG EKO Green, here’s more about this handheld vacuum below.
No products found.
What we like
The reason we rate this vacuum so highly is that it comes with a 4-stage filtration process. From dust to even particles as small as 0.3 microns, there is nothing escaping the EKO GREEN’S HEPA filter.
But it doesn’t just clean air, to ensure your carpets, curtains, car etc. are also spic and span, it creates an 800-Watt Cyclonic Power.
Plus, it also comes with Main Floor Brush, Telescopic Extension Tube & Crevice Nozzle Brush so every nook and cranny of the house can be cleaned.
Since the vacuum is a bagless vacuum you neither have the headache of emptying out the bag after every little clean nor have to incur the cost of buying new bags.
And once the canister does fill up, emptying it out takes mere minutes as it easily comes with the press of a button.
It has a 4-meter wire cord which ensures you can easily clean room without having to switch outlet regularly
Well for starts, it does not clean floors like the Dyson.
Also, it is not the ideal vacuum cleaner for wet surfaces.
#3: Eureka Forbes Super Clean Handheld Vacuum Cleaner (Budget Pick)
- Power: 800 watts
- Suction power: 1600mm of water column
- Suction and blower function with 800 watt motor. Wide range of 7 accessories to suit varied cleaning needs
What we like
For all your sofas, upholsteries, curtains, your car or the small little gaps and corners in the home that bigger vacuum cleaners cannot reach, the Eureka handheld vacuum comes with 7 additional accessories making it at a highly versatile unit.
Furthermore, the lightweight build and the ergonomics design mean carrying it around becomes easy even with one hand and in case you wanted to go hands-free the shoulder strap should come in handy.
But what is a vacuum if it doesn’t have enough suction power, isn’t it? Well, with an 800-watt motor capable of generating a suction of 1600mm of water columns (the unit used to measure suction) the vacuum can be used for both wet and dry cleaning. There is also the blower function for the nitty gritty stuff.
The 5-meter cord is long enough to cover most areas of the house and your entire car without the need for power points at every corner.
Being a handheld vacuum, it does not efficiently clean flooring and has a low dusting collecting capacity.
Also, it cannot be run for more than 10-15 minutes continuously as the motor heats up.
Lastly, the vacuum is a handle with care vacuum as it is vulnerable to breakage or technical failures.
But if you need something on a budget, its design, accessories and powerful suction and blower make the best vacuum cleaner in India for you.
Handheld Vacuum Cleaner Buying Guide
Since vacuum cleaner is not something you can change every week in case you’re not satisfied with the earlier one. Thus, it becomes really essential to take all the factors into consideration before you get the right one for your house. After all, you’ll definitely want a high-quality product that will not leave your side for a longer time.
- Runtime: Cordless handheld vacuums generally come with a rechargeable battery that only runs for 15 to 30 minutes. So, before you buy your handvac, go online and check the manual to see how long it holds the charge. Also, check whether that time is enough to tackle your chores. If not, you might need to go for a corded one.
- Switches: Usually, vacuum cleaners only come with one control i.e. the power switch. But there will be times when you need to put down the cleaner and that might be inconvenient and tiring for you. So, make sure that you’re getting a model with varying speed levels if you want to use the vacuum for more than quick pick-ups.
- Weight: If possible, try to buy your handheld vacuum cleaner from the store so that you can check on the spot and decide whether it feels comfortable or not and also it should not strain your wrist.
- Attachments: There are some models that are available with rotating brush to clean-up the carpets and your pet’s hair. Just see if you have other important attachments like dusting brushes, crevices tools, or short accessory hoses to clean the hard-to-reach areas under your furniture.
- Waste Container: They are available in different size and shapes. Well, that’s obvious you don’t have to clean a large one so often but still, you need to see if it is easy to remove or not. And it would be much better to have a clear container so that you’ll know when you need to empty it.
- Filters: Before you buy one make sure that it comes with HEPA certified filters because they’re really crucial in eliminating dust, and other allergens from the air. Also, make sure that you replace them after every six months.
Types of Vacuum Cleaners
You can get a number of different designs and types in vacuum cleaners that depend on your choices and preferences. High-quality products at an affordable price are also available in the market and some of those common vacuum cleaners are:
Upright Vacuum Cleaner: Starting with the most common vacuum cleaners that are found in maximum homes and apartments. This type is considered the best for alleviating dust and dirt particles from the carpet. You can even clean a large area with great ease and comfort. In fact, the upright vacuum cleaner is just the perfect choice when it comes to hard floors and area rugs. Also, it is important to know that the vacuum cleaner is divided into 2 classes- dual motor and a single motor. And not to forget about some exceptional features that include- Brush OFF and ON switch, adjustable head height and suction control.
- Using this cleaner will provide you with a wide angle of cleaning and swath as compare to any other normal canister.
- They can do a deep cleaning in surfaces and carpets.
- You can handle and store them easily.
- You may need to carry the machine from one place to another.
- They can very noisy if you choose the wrong decibel.
- They are quite heavy with other weighing up to 20 pounds.
Handheld and Stick Vacuum Cleaner: Here come the lightest and smallest vacuum cleaners. Generally, they are cordless and are helpful in cleaning different areas. Also, you can do some tasks around the home with a handheld and stick vacuum cleaner.
- These vacuum cleaners are light in weight and one can easily carry them around.
- Car interiors and upholstery can be easily cleaned using this vacuum cleaner.
- These vacuum cleaners do not have the power and capacity to work like full models.
Robotic Vacuum Cleaner: If you’re the one who wants to and love cleaning the house every day, then this vacuum cleaner is the best option for you. These kind of vacuum cleaners are programmed and self-propelled. Just set the task you want to get done and it will handle all your work efficiently.
They have a docking station and are powered by batteries. Since they are cordless they can move further distances without fear of damaging other valuables. They can easily clean the bare and carpet surfaces as well.
- You can do the cleaning while handling other household chores.
- Even if there’s a cluttered environment in your house, the vacuum cleaner can navigate the areas easily.
- Is considered the best for cleaning tight spots.
- You can program it to run when there is less traffic, thus you’ll always end up with a clean house.
- When compared, nothing can match the level of a cordless machine.
- It is mostly preferred in area rugs or shag carpeting.
Steam Mop Vacuum Cleaner: If you’re too fed up with the traditional bucket and mop type of cleaning, then steam mop vacuum cleaner is the one for you. Hard floors like wooden floors can be quickly and efficiently cleaned with the help of steam mops.
Whereas, the vacuums work by heating water to steam and then the steam is released via mop head. In a number of cases, they are even called hard floor cleaners as it can remove dirt from the ground, can remove stains effectively without much elbow grease, and even kill bacteria.
- One can easily clean different kinds of floors without even replacing any battery or fix the chord.
- Also, the vacuum cleaner is durable and it can eliminate all kinds of bacteria in the house.
- Heating the water may consume a lot of energy.
- Also, it might tend to be bulkier in some areas.
Garage and Commercial Vacuum Cleaner: As it is clear by the name that they are a shop and commercial garage vacuums and they offer an extra power that helps in clearing the professionally sized mess. Sawdust, ocean basement dust, and garage spaces can be cleaned with great ease. So, if you need the right commercial vacuum, you first need to check out the storage area and mode of use. Also, they are mainly recommended for heavy types of cleaning.
- Is best for the industrial and commercial sector and also, increases work efficiency and cleanliness.
- Using these vacuum cleaners will also eliminate the chances of contracting diseases due to messy working conditions.
- Since they are designed for heavy-duty cleaning, thus, they provide optimal commercial and industrial cleaning services.
- You may need to make a budget to buy these as they can be quite expensive.
- High-power consumption.
So, this was about what you need to look while buying a vacuum cleaner and what type you should buy. But besides this, you also need to check and compare different brands available in the market.
Some of the top brands include Miele, Dyson, Shark, Bissell, and Hoover. Make the correct choice and you’ll enjoy cleaning the house.
Best Handheld Vacuum Cleaner in India - Cordless, Portable Vacuums for 2019
Get up and help me clean the house. This is the only thing I am told to do every weekend. Cleaning was never my cup of tea but from the day I was introduce