Best CCTV Cameras in India (June 2019 UPDATE)
Gone are the days when hiring a watchman was the only solution to make sure your shop or house is safe.
Surveillance is and will always remain a huge part of society and thus, security cameras have become a need of the hour to protect your home or other commercial space from any mishap.
And to help you find the right make and model, we covered the best CCTV cameras in India for 2019 so your loved ones and precious belongings are just as safe even when you are not around.
CCTV Camera for Home in India
CCTV Camera for Commercial Spaces
Hikvision Combo KIT: If you need a CCTV Camera to protect your shop, warehouse, office, etc. from theft, this combo kit that includes 8CH HD DVR Camera. 6 Bullet Cameras and 2 Dome Cameras is the ultimate CCTV solution for you. It records in HD, has night vision, comes with a 2GB HDD and can be viewed even using your mobile.
Budget CCTV Camera
- Best CCTV in India for Commercial Use
- Best CCTV Camera in India for Home
- Best CCTV Camera for Outdoors
- Budget CCTV Camera
- CCTV Camera Buying Guide
- Best CCTV Camera Brand in India
Top 3 CCTV Camera Reviews for 2019
In-Depth CCTV Camera Reviews
#1: Hikvision Combo Kit (Best CCTV for Commercial Use)
Burglaries and robberies are common in workplaces like warehouses, shops, retail stores, etc. But we don’t want you to fret over that all night. So here is the ultimate security combo kit.
- Hikvision 8CH Turbo HD DVR DS-7B08HUHI-K1 1Pcs, Hikvision DS-2CE5AH0T-ITPF Dome Camera 2 Pcs, Hikvision DS-2CE1AH0T-ITPF Bullet Camera 6 Pcs. 2 TB Seagate/WD Purple /toshiba Hard Drive 1Pcs, CCTV Copper Cable 1 Bundle, Bnc 16 Pcs, Dc 8 Pcs, 8CH Power Supply 1Pcs
- DVR supports H.265, H.265+ & Dual-stream video compression. Support HD-TVI, IPC, AHD and analog cameras with adaptive access. Support Cloud storage (One Drive, Google Drive or Drop Box). SUPPORTS UP TO 5 MP CAMERAS
- HDMI and VGA output at up to 1920×1080P resolution. HDMI output at up to 4K (3840x2160) resolution for long transmission distance over coax cable. Up to 4ch synchronous playback at 1080p resolution. Playback at up to 256X speed.
What we like
With 6 bullet cameras and 2 dome cameras, inside, outside or even the garage, there is no place of your business you won’t have your eyes during the day and night.
To make this possible all cameras have been equipped with a night vision and motion sensor. So far so good, right? Wait, there is more.
They are also equipped with Smart IR and EXIR Technology. So how do these fancy terms help?
The Smart IR technology ensures the infrared LEDs do not whiten out images in the dark while EXIR ensures the light spreads evenly through a longer range (sneaking past these bad boys ain’t that easy).
Nothing beats HD viewing so then why shouldn’t your most important recordings be that clear and sharp too, right?
Just attach the HDMI cable and you can get Full-HD or even 4K viewing with a playback speed of up to 256X speed (trust me, it hardly gets any clearer than this).
But recording in Full-HD or 4K means you would need tons of disk space. Luckily, you also get a 2TB hard disk within the kit. But is 2TB really enough?
Actually, it is and the reason for that is the H.264 compression used for the recording which allows you to store 5 times more videos.
Lastly, the cameras are weatherproof (dust, rain, snow or heat, the cameras stand strong through thick and thin) and since you get every wire, cable, etc. needed for installation, you do not have to spend a rupee extra.
The only real drawback here is that the combo will cost you the big bucks. But then, wouldn’t having your workplace or warehouse robbed and have no clue as to who did it be a higher cost to pay?
#2: Mi MJSXJ02CM (Best CCTV Camera for Home)
So you want to keep an eye on your newborn, your old parents or even your dog as he tears into your new boots or the sofa, right? Well, with the Mi MJSXJ02CM, no movement will ever go unnoticed. But how? Let’s find out
- AI motion detection alert. The camera angle is 110 degree and the connectivity is Wi-Fi IEEE 802.11 b/g/n 2.4 GHz
- Input Power: 5V ; Working temperature: -10℃ ~ 50℃; Support Devices : Android 4.4 above or IOS 9.0 above
- Infrared Night Vision
What we like
First and foremost, ensuring the safety of your home and loved ones is the excellent motion detection technology that sends you an instant alert every time it detects motion.
It is able to detect motion in any corner of the room as it has a wide angle view of 110-degrees. Plus, it can rotate a full 360-degrees horizontally and about 96-degrees vertically (as I said, nothing ever goes unnoticed).
And it does so with little to no noise thanks to the dual motorhead that ensures smooth camera movement.
Oh BTW, did you know that around 2000 break-ins were reported between 8 pm to 2 am alone? But no worries, the camera will be your eyes even in dark with its excellent infrared night vision.
The f/2.1 aperture allows for more light to enter while the 8-bulb 940nm infrared illuminator gives you better visibility making viewing at easy a breeze.
Plus, all that streaming can be viewed on mobile or tablet (iPhone and Android) and that too in Full-HD (1080p) for excellent clarity along with voice (so it isn’t just your eyes but ears as well).
But it doesn’t just record the voice. Since the camera is equipped with 2-way audio, it even lets you interact with the maid, your parents, kids, etc.
Not impressed yet? Give it a moment.
All of your stored images and videos can be viewed using the Mi mobile app anytime, anywhere at 16x playback speed (just in case you need to skin through a lot of videos). Plus, the app allows you to adjust a few settings as well.
To store your videos it supports a 64GB SD card which I know is low compared to some of the cameras that support 128GB or more but you can also backup your data to any NAS (Network Attached Storage) devices.
But if you do not have NAS, the 64GB should still be able to hold tons of videos as the camera uses a more advanced H.265 compression format, unlike the H.264 compressions other cameras use.
This reduces bandwidth by almost half without compromising on colors and details giving you smoother, clearer streams and yet saving you tons on space so you get the most out of the 64GB storage.
Lastly, the camera’s design gives you the freedom to either place on a table, window or install it inverted onto the ceiling. Either way, the set up should not take you more than 5-10 minutes.
One of the few drawbacks of this CCTV camera is that you cannot view the stream on your laptop as it does not have a browser app.
And as you know 64GB storage is a little low which means you will need to either back up your recording regularly or buy more SD cards.
Drawbacks aside, with its motion detection, infrared night vision, and 2-way audio, for anyone who is constantly worried about the safety of their little one, old parents or their pet, this one is a no brainer.
#3: Mi SXJ02ZM ( A Cheaper Alternate)
- Works with Alexa: This security camera can 'work with Alexa'. For eg., You can use Echo Show as an input for control functionality of this product
- Mi home security camera basic 1080p is capable of recording 1080p full HD video
- Equipped with a 130 degree ultra wide angle lens, 10m ranged infrared night vision
Alternatively, you can also go for its younger brother, the Mi SXJ02ZM. This camera also gives you full HD recording, has an excellent AI motion detection system with alerts, Night Vision, 2-way Audio and supports NAS storage.
But that’s not all.
One of the most unique features of this camera is its ability to hibernate and stop recording when it detects certain Mi bands and iPhones (helpful just in case you ever forget about the camera during those intimate private moments).
You can also set up motion detection zones so the camera lays more emphasis on areas you think are most sensitive to motion like the entrance of the house, room and so on.
Apart from that, the camera gives you a wider perspective than the Mi MJSXJ02CM as it has a wide angle lens of a whopping 130-degree which is a rarity in CCTV cameras for homes.
You can also get multiple views at once in case you have the camera in separate rooms using the app and also continue to view recordings while you chat on WhatsApp, watch a movie, stream sports, etc. on your mobile (so you never lose track of anything).
The video quality is quite good even in low light or high brightness & exposure situations all thanks to the WDR dynamic wide range and BSI back-illuminated sensor.
Drawbacks but not dealbreakers
One small drawback with this camera is that its night vision is only up to 10ft though for any medium to small-sized home, that is a good enough range.
Also, you cannot install it in an inverted position on the ceiling but it is compact enough to be kept on any table or window pane was it hardly takes up any room.
Yup, its got a few more drawbacks over the Mi MJSXJ02CM but there are tons of advantages to be looking at as well like privacy protection, multiple viewing windows, etc. Not to forget, it costs much less as well making it worth the consideration.
#4: YI Home Camera (Budget Pick)
Want something a little cheaper? Well, there is more to the YI Home Camera than just its low cost that is going to leave you with a happy and secure feeling.
- Official US Edition limited release of the YI Home Camera (localized database in us, optimized Wi-Fi, international standards, English)
- 720P video, infrared night vision, 111 wide angle lens, 4x digital zoom
- Two way audio communication, real-time video streaming to your phone iOS and android
What we like
The YI Home Camera goes toe-to-toe with some of our top picks when it comes to convenience and feature as it too comes with a very simple installation that will take you no more than 5-10 minutes with Wi-Fi and the mobile app.
And yes, you have the power to edit settings, camera schedules, and share camera right at your fingertips once you have installed the app and configured the camera.
Even for a cheaper CCTV Camera, it comes with a really wide angle lens and thus can cover about 111-degrees. Plus, it also has an integrated gyroscope that gives you a panoramic view of your home with simple left and right pan.
Similarly, you can even zoom 4x by double-clicking on the mobile screen to view the finer details
The camera performance just as well in the dark as well with its 940mm infrared sensor and f/2.0 aperture that captures pretty good images and videos even at night by allowing in more light
It will keep you up to date any motion detection by sending you an alert which will help you stay on top of things.
And in case the kids or the dog gets too naughty while you are, feel free to send them instructions and warning with the 2-way audio system (because when the cat’s away, the mice always play).
Apart from zooming and panning, the app also lets you set up Activity Zone, Alert frequency, Night Vision IR Lighting Controls, Alert Schedules, Camera Sharing, Motion Detection Sensitivity Levels and so on.
For storing all your recording, the camera uses an 8GB to 32GB SD Card and when the card is full, all of the data is backed onto the YI cloud and automatically deleted for further recording.
All of the uploaded data is encrypted and the encryption is changed regularly so none of your critical data ever gets stolen.
Night vision of the camera can capture clear images only up to 16ft which is good enough if you are placing the camera in a smaller space.
Also, while the 720p recording is good, it is no match for the details you can get with a 1080p Full-HD recording.
It only supports up to a 32GB SD Card and buying more SD cards for continuous recording can be costly but that is where the YI cloud comes in handy and allows you take timely backup while freeing space on the card.
Yes, this CCTV Camera is limited in its use but considering it will cost you around Rs 1,500 it is hands down the ideal pick for anybody in need of a home security camera on the cheap.
#5: ProElite POD04 PTZ 1.3MP CCTV Camera (For Outdoor Use)
Want to know who is driving up in your driveway? Or want to keep an eye around the pool? Bullet cameras are tailor-made for outdoor use and it does not get any better than the ProElite POD04 PTZ.
- You should have WiFi router or wifi dongle for camera to work. Once camera is configured to wifi then you can watch live video or Sd card recorded videos in your smart phone or tablet from anywhere in world. Camera also has AP function which means camera can creates its own Wifi Hotspot and you can connect your phone wifi to camera wifi directly. Installation is very very simple, just download free app from app store in your Android or iPhone and configure camera to wifi without any wires.
- Metal Housing PTZ Camera: This Outdoor IP Camera is made of metal housing, you can use it indoor or outdoor as you like. Waterproof rating is IP66. It can pan tilt and zoom, Horizontal 0- 260°, Vertical -5-60°, 2.8-12mm F1.4 optical auto zoom lens
- ROTATE CAMERA: Rotate camera horizontally or vertically from anywhere in world thanks to inbuilt rotating motor.
What we like
One of the reasons bullet cameras like the ProLite perform seamlessly outdoors is because they are weather-resistant. How do we know? It comes with an IP66 waterproof rating.
Also, it has metal housing which gives it excellent durability and ensures it can withstand the rigors of the outdoor (nothing is breaking this baby that easily).
To make sure no corner of your driveway or the yard has blind spots, the camera can be tilted, panned and even has a 4X zoom thanks to the auto zoom lens, all controllable via the mobile.
And you get equally clear viewing even in the dark as the camera comes with infrared LEDs which make its night vision impeccable to up to 150ft.
To ensure you do not run out of space, the ProLite not only records video using H.264 compression but also has Alarm Recording Mode. So what does that do?
It only starts recording when motion is detected but if need be you can also turn on the 24*7 recording.
And I think the one feature you will absolutely love about this is the AP function where the camera can create its own hotspot (now have Wi-Fi connection even on the outdoors).
Installation is hassle-free. Download the app, connect to the Wi-Fi and voila, you are good to go.
Now, you can have it mounted at any convenient spot in minutes using the screws and mount, all provided with the package and stream videos onto your phone at 960p.
Firstly, it supports only a 128GB SD Card which means space might be an issue and since it does not support 2-way audio, you cannot communicate using the camera.
Also, it is on the expensive side but is it worth it? If you need a surveillance system for the outdoor, then damn yes, this is hands down the best CCTV Camera in India.
An Outdoor CCTV Camera on the Cheap
However, if you do not want to spend big just yet, you can go for the Sricam Wireless SP007. It is also waterproof, gives you Full-HD recordings and sends you alerts of any motion detected on the app as well as the email.
It also features a good night vision up to 15m. Yup, that is no match for the ProElite POD04 PTZ but considering it will cost you almost half the price, it is not a buy you will regret.
#6: D3D Wireless Wireless CCTV Camera
Last but not least is another one of our favorite budget CCTV cameras that is great for indoor use be it an office or home.
- WORLD'S NO.1 IP CAMERA WITH SALES & SERVICE CENTER IN INDIA : To check video quality, please see https://vimeo.com/148843003
- CLOUD RECORDING: Keep recordings safe on FTP server even if camera is stolen or broken.
- 360 DEGREE MOBILE CONTROL : Rotate camera horizontally or vertically from anywhere in the world using mobile application
What we like
When a CCTV Camera allows you 360-degree control using an app on the smartphone and is available for around Rs 3,000, you know you already have a bargain
But wait there is more. With the app, you can also zoom in/out, take snapshots of the recording, change resolution, flip image, etc. (there is plenty this one can do)
Talking about resolution, the 720P recording gives you crisp and clear details
And what really puts the cherry on the cake are IR night vision and motion detection features that even sends you an email notification upon any detection.
Miss your parents, kids or even your pet? With the 2-way audio you can always drop an ‘I miss you’ with the just the click of a button.
A 128GB Storage is standard for most home CCTV cameras
That’s great but what of my recordings if the camera broke down or malfunctioned? All of the recording and images are backed up on the cloud through FTP (lost data? Well, no more).
And lastly, installation should take you no more than 5-10 minutes or less (no wires, no DVR, nothing, just Wi-Fi and an app needed).
On the downsides, it does not allow you to set up motion detection zones.
Also, full-HD recordings would have been even better but nonetheless, the camera does an amazing job especially if you are looking for the best CCTV Camera in India for a home that you can not only view but also control via mobile.
#7: Sricam SP Series SP005
Last on the list is another very popular home CCTV camera and brand, the Sricam SP Series SP005 and here’s why we think this makes for a good buy as well.
- Watch Live Demo: 1. Download app 'Sricam' on your android or iPhone from app store. 2. Register with your email address and create an account. 3. click on '+' to add camera and enter device name as 'demo', device id as '999999' and password as ‘sricam123’. Then click on camera icon to see video. select HD to see HD quality video. slide finger on screen to rotate the camera
- Motion detection: Will send you alarm when some motion is detected ; Two-way audio: Built-in Mic and speaker. Supports two-way audio, easily communication ; Noise Suppression: Yes, by dedicated on board chipset
- Rotate camera: Rotate camera horizontally or vertically from anywhere in world thanks to inbuilt rotating motor
What we like
One of the standout features of this camera is that you can sign up for a live demo before making the purchase using the Sricam App (just in case you had your doubts over the camera’s ability).
Another awesome feature about this CCTV camera is the 32ft infrared night vision since most home cameras often come with a 10ft to 16ft night vision.
It can be installed on the ceiling or kept on any shelf or table as it has a 355-degree tilt and pan and you have the ability to control that via the app.
Apart from that, like most cameras, it will send you alerts upon motion detection and also gives you the freedom to communicate with anyone near the camera which saves both time and effort.
Installation is easy peasy and it records in 720p which is a pretty good resolution if you bought a camera to keep an on the kids, dog or the maid.
It also supports a 128GB SD card and uses the H.264 compression to ensure the recordings are minimal is the size and do not fill up the SD card in just a few days of footage.
Firstly, it does not support Full-HD recording and also the sound isn’t as clear as with some of the cameras above
Also, none of the videos are backed on the cloud which if you run out of space you will need to backup data manually or get more SD cards
Lastly, a wider viewing angle would have been great.
CCTV Camera Buying Guide for India
Choosing the best option in any product can be difficult but if you already know what features to look for then there’s no pain in the selection process. And since we are here to get the right CCTV security camera, these are some of the main features you need to look before buying.
Motion Detection: Having a camera with motion detection would be much better because that way it will send notifications whenever the camera observes motion within its field of view.
Field of view: This feature refers to your camera’s ability to capture the images based in width. And since the feature is so important it will decide the number of cameras you’ll need for your house or apartment and their placement.
Sound: Another important feature that refers to your camera receiving sound via a microphone that emits sound via speaker or both. And if your camera comes with both it can double as intercoms.
Wi-Fi Capability: Get a security camera with wifi and it will communicate wirelessly to any network. Also, these cameras are easy-to-install. And the best advantage of having wifi camera is that no one can disable it just by cutting a few wires.
Night Vision: If you’re buying a camera, which is dependent on a light then it might affect its performance. But with night vision, the camera makes sure that it is doing its job in the best way even in the dim light that makes your house, shop, or other commercial stores even more secure.
Here’s Why You Need a CCTV Security Camera
With the advancement in technology, CCTV security camera has definitely become a boon to society. It has surely brought a revolution in making your homes and commercial spaces even more secure. And due to their varied uses and a number of benefits, they are placed in almost all places nowadays. Some of the benefits of CCTV cameras are:
- The foremost and critical importance of using a CCTV camera is that it provides enhanced security with excellent clarity, which is even easy to access.
- For safety and security purposes, these cameras are must in every supermarket, retail store, and other shopping complexes.
- They not just prevent any burglary but also alert you by alarming about the breach of security.
- Another best part of installing a security camera is that they do not get damaged easily by dust or any other severe climatic condition.
- Do you have any small baby in your house? You can keep an eye on your babysitter using CCTV security cameras and they will give the utmost satisfaction about your concerns about your baby.
- Some crucial situations like fire, burglary, and other security breaches at the office can be easily recorded using these cameras, which might help you in future investigation purposes.
Types of CCTV cameras
Getting a CCTV camera is not just about correct lenses, correct sensor, and correct output resolution but the type of CCTV camera also matters. So, if you’re confused or not aware of which would be the best for you, run through some of these types of camera and see which one is suitable for your venue.
- Dark Fighter Technology Camera: As the name suggests “Dark Fighter” thus, you need not worry if you’re living in any low-light conditions still your camera can pick-up colored images. Thanks to the camera’s wide range of capabilities, it can be used both in the day and night and will definitely offer optimal performance. In fact, the cameras are equipped with ½” CMOS progressive scan sensors that mean it will allow the device to get high-quality images and won’t even require any extra light source. So, if you want your house or store to remain safe at night well, get a dark fighter technology camera.
Additionally, other benefits of having the camera are that it includes a few smart features like line crossing, face detection, and audio, can be used for multiple purposes, and high definition.
- ANPR/LPR Cameras: Want to get a simple and efficient solution for car parking, tolling or for hotel overstay management?ANPR (Automatic Number Plate Recognition) AND LPR (License Plate Camera) are the best options when it comes to read and store the data on registration plates. In a high traffic area, these devices are considered the best as they help to obtain copious information to keep an area secure.
Some other benefits of the camera include information storage, can even identify any car that has been banned from any premise, and most importantly they allow a business to run smoothly.
- Internal and External Dome Camera: These are the most common type of cameras used for indoor and outdoor security. The best part of the camera is that no onlooker can identify where the camera is facing, which makes it the best part of the design. Other benefits of the camera include easy installation, IR night vision, and vandal-resistant features.
- Bullet Camera: Want something best for the outdoor use; bullet camera is the perfect choice for you. They are long and cylindrical in shape and are mainly used for long-distance viewing. Well, these cameras are installed in such a protective manner that no natural element, dirt or dust can damage your product.
Bullet cameras can be easily installed with a mounting bracket, and they already come fitted with either varifocal or fixed lenses. That depends on the requirements of its intended application. Other benefits of a bullet camera include IR night vision, high-quality image resolution, and compact size aids installation.
- C-mount Camera: The best part of having the aC-mount camera is that it can cover a distance beyond 40ft because of the special lenses the camera use. On the other hand, standard CCTV lenses can only cover a distance up to 35-40ft. It comes with detachable lenses and allows fora simple lens change to fit various applications. Additionally, the camera can support changes in technology and are very effective for indoor use. The only downside of having the camera is its bulky size, which makes the camera noticeable.
- PTZ Pan Tilt and Zoom Camera: These cameras have the ability to move left or right i.e. panning and up and down i.e. tilting. In fact, the cameras allow the lens to be zoomed closer or farther. Usually, the cameras are used in cases where a live guard operates the security systems. Other benefits of the camera include high-quality image resolution, X36 optical room, and 200m IR night vision.
10 best brands for CCTV cameras in India are:
- Think Value
So, before you go with any of the above brands, check and compare them online and make a smart choice. Getting a CCTV camera would never be a difficult task if you keep these points in your mind.
Best CCTV Cameras in India (June 2019 UPDATE)
Gone are the days when hiring a watchman was the only solution to make sure your shop or house is safe. Surveillance is and will always remain a huge part