Best Castor Oil in India 2019 (The Ultimate Buyer’s Guide)
We Indians love natural home remedies especially when it comes to treating hair and skin problems and rightly so. After all, who wants to riddle their face with tons of chemicals most cosmetics often come with, right?
Once such natural oil that you are going to find works like magic on dry skin, dandruff or even issues like wrinkles, light scars etc. is castor oil.
So if you are looking for the best castor oil in India to rid your hair or skin of similar problems, this buyer’s guide is just what you needed to make a well-informed buying decision.
Best Castor Oil in India for Hair and Skin
HillDews Castor Oil: HillDews gives you the ultimate skin and scalp moisturizing pack but that is not all. The oil works equally well for dense beards and eyebrows. Plus, it also kills bacterial and fungal infections in any part of the body and also keeps away wrinkles and pigmentation which makes it well worth the money for both men and women.
Morpheme Castor Oil: If you are looking for a slightly smaller bottle on the cheap, the Morpheme gives you exactly that with its 120l bottle but more importantly, does not compromise on quality. This 100% natural castor oil works like magic on both hair and skin.
Best Organic Castor Oils in India for 2019
In-Depth Castor Oil Reviews
#1: HillDews Cold Pressed Castor Oil 200ml (Best Castor Oil for Hair Regrowth in India)
This Castor Oil offers tons of benefits to both men and women and is absolutely worth the few extra bucks you might have to spend. Wondering why? Find out below.
- COLD PRESSED OIL: Castor oil is 100% pure and cold pressed, unrefined and unbleached. Castor oil is extracted using the traditional method hence oil is thick and correct consistency which is perfect for facial cleanser, Body moisturizer, Body & Scalp massage, skin softener and conditioning.
- PURE & NATURAL : It is been used for centuries for its therapeutic and medicinal benefits.Castor Oil has high concentration of unsaturated fatty acids, vitamins, proteins and minerals and hence made this oil more beneficial.
- FOR HAIR : Castor Oil has properties makes it beneficial and helps increase circulation to scalp and improves hair growth. Helps to make hair stronger, smoother.
What we like
First and foremost, we are looking for an all natural hair care and skin care solution and with its cold pressed extraction, the HillDew delivers just that as it is free from any phosphate, parabens, hexane etc.
The 100% natural oil has just the perfect consistency, thickness, and nutty smell. Plus, it is packed with natural compounds and nutrients which make it ideal for use on both your skin and scalp.
Here’s more in detail of what is 200ml of magic potion can really do for you.
With the goodness of Ricinoleic acid and omega-6 essential fatty acids, the oil increase blood flow, in turn, strengthening your hair from the roots and returning its natural glow and shine.
Just like your hair, it works well even on eyelashes giving you thickness and longer eyelashes (just the way eyelashes were meant to be).
The protein and essential fatty acids in the oil, dig deep into the skin and rid it of any patches and dryness, in turn, returning the glow and softness you always wanted.
Similarly, mixing a few drops of Castor Oil with Almond oil will remove any stretch marks, dark spots, lines, pimples etc. So more tired looking eyes or missing out on those sexy crop tops due to stretch marks.
As for men, chuck those expensive beard creams and sprays. Few drops of castor oil overnight will give you a beard sure have girls drooling over you (compliments coming your way in 220.127.116.11.1…).
Rubbing a few drops of the oil on the belly button will cure problems like heatstroke after a long and hectic workout or sometime in the humid and weather of states like Delhi.
Whether you apply the oil to your hair or skin, it just needs 30-minutes for maximum benefits but can be left overnight as well. Since it gets absorbed as you massage it, you do not have to worry about being a greasy mess early morning.
Packing of the oil is also pretty neat and it comes with a special dropper cap which means you get a precise amount of oil without any chance of a spill.
On the downsides, it is one of the most expensive castor oils you will come across but with a 100% natural extraction and ingredients with tons of benefits, this one is definitely worth paying for.
#2: Sunflower Castor Oil, 225ml
Whether you are buying oil for cooking or hair and skincare, Sunflower is a brand synonymous with oils in India and here’s why their castor is so damn good.
- Quantity: 225ml; Item Form: Liquid
- Hair/Skin Type: All; Known for its premium conditioning effects, castor oil for hair promotes growth, prevents split ends, dandruff and dry scalp effects, treating you to the strongest, smoother, shiniest hair. As a natural skin moisturizer, castor oil for skin will hydrate and replenish your face and body
- As a natural skin moisturizer, castor oil for skin will hydrate and replenish your face and body. Prevent chipping and offer nails a healthy lustre, applying just a few drops of fast-penetrating castor oil before going to bed.; Castor oil gives your eyelashes and eyebrows the deep nourishment they need to grow thicker and stronger prevent them from breaking and grow fast for impressive effects that will give perfect looks
What we like
With a cold pressed extraction, you can rest assure that the oil is packed with therapeutic and healing compounds that bear no side effects even when used for years on a daily basis.
As for your hair, it will revitalize your thinning hairline and give you those thick, silky hair that you craved for years (no more pills, chemicals or transplants needed).
For the best effects on hair fall and dandruff, we’d recommend mixing it with a few drops of Argan oil.
You can also kiss goodbye to problems like split ends, scalp infections and frizzy hair.
Not just your scalp but also hair on the eyebrows will become thicker and stronger with a mere 2 drops of the oil.
That trouble you have because of dry skin, we understand and we know what to do about it as well. Gently massage a few drops of this castor oil and leave overnight and you will see the difference within the next 2-3 days.
It also fights off acne and pigmentation and has anti-fungal and anti-bacterial properties as well. So when it comes to infections ruining your day, not anymore.
But it isn’t infections that are likely to spoil your day, what really gets on a girl’s nerve is a damn pimple and yes, once again, castor oil is the answer to your problems.
Last but not the least, it also has anti-inflammatory properties so if you have sore muscles after a grueling workout today, feel free to pamper yourself with a castor oil massage (like you need an excuse for that 😉 ).
Since you would be leaving the oil overnight for better results, you would be happy to know that the oil is quickly absorbed into the skin and does not leave a bad smell either.
The bottle needs to be squeezed to draw the oil which means there is a chance of excess pouring out.
Some users may also find the oil to be too thick in which case it can be blended with any sunflower oil.
But apart from that, the oil works just as well as any high-end castor oil and blends in well with other essential oils as well.
#3: Morpheme Remedies Cold Pressed Castor Oil, 120ml
If you are looking for a slightly cheaper brand look no further than the Morpheme Remedies Castor Oil.
- Quantity: 120ml; Item Form: Liquid
- Pure ColdPress Castor Oil of the Good Quality with no added additives. No Mineral Oil Added
- Highly useful for hair to strengthen the hair shaft, nourish the roots. Highly useful for skin moisturizing, scars, stretch marks.
What we like
Most importantly, this castor oil checks 3 important boxes.
- It is cost effective
- Secondly, it does not include any parabens or other chemicals like hexane etc. To make this possible it is extracted via the cold press method (100% natural, just how you want it to be).
- Lastly, it works on both your skin, nails, and hair to get the best of both worlds.
Apart from these there several other benefits as well:
- It keeps the nails moisturized and adds an eye-catching luster to it
- Gives your eyebrows the perfect length and thickness
- The ant-bacterial and antifungal nature of the oil fights of infections on the scalp and skin
- It can be used to relieve inflammation as well
- You can use it on dry lips
How to use it as a skin softener:
- Mix 2-3 drops of castor oil with 1 drop of virgin coconut oil or sesame oil.
- Gently rub it on your face and body
- Leave overnight and bathe with lukewarm water
Note: You can substitute sesame oil with Jojoba oil, Olive Oil or even Grape Seed Oil as all come with nourishing properties.
If you are looking for a face mask on the go, 6-7 drops of castor oil with egg yolk should give you a glow sure to turn a few heads.
For Hair Care:
- Gently massage 4-5 drops of castor oil with 2-3 drops of Jojoba or Lavender Oil into the scalp.
- Continue to massage until the oil is absorbed into the scalp
- Leave it overnight the
- Wash with lukewarm water and regular shampoo in the morning
The packing of the bottle is quite impressive as well. It comes with a dispenser pack which is super convenient to use and does not cause any wastage.
On the downsides, the oil has a strong smell which may not be to everybody’s liking.
#4: Rey Naturals Cold Pressed Castor Oil. 200ml
With a 4.4 Amazon rating, it is pretty evident that the Rey Naturals delivers excellent results making it well-worthy of the number 4 spot.
- Quantity: 200ml; Item Form: Liquid
- Hair Type: All; Great for the skin and hair: Rich in vitamins and fatty-acids, castor oil promotes better hair growth and helps nourish and hydrate the skin, 100 percent natural
- Suitable for all hair and skin types: Made using chemical-free substances, the Rey Naturals castor oil is perfect for all skin and hair types; Cold-pressed oil: The castor oil from Rey Naturals is cold-pressed without heat or chemical substances like hexane
What we like
Extracted without the use of any heat or chemical substances like hexane, parabens etc. Rey Naturals too provides a 100% natural solution to most hair and skin problems.
Packed with nutrients, vitamins, and anti-oxidants, the castor oil has keratin type effect on the hair making your stronger, eliminating the trouble called dandruff and revitalizing the natural oils on the scalp for smoother and shinier hair.
For those struggling with split ends, the Vitamin E in the oil is just the medicine your hair needs while the oil’s antibacterial and antifungal properties are a boon to both the skin and the scalp.
It is the one-step solution to glossy lips and the perfect eyebrows by rubbing to 2-3 drops of the oil over your brows and the lips.
The oil works on all skin types, be it sensitive or dry making it a natural alternative to all the anti-aging creams.
It also removes any dead skin cells and oil giving your skin the detoxifying therapy it has needed. Plus, any scars or stretch marks will also soon be a worry of the past.
Dry hands or torn heels are other smaller skin troubles the oil can heal. It has anti-inflammatory attributes too for healing sore and aching muscles and joints.
How to apply on hair
- For the hair, massage the oil directly onto the scalp and leave overnight or at least for 30-minutes
- For faster absorption by the scalp, you can heat the oil
- A few drops of lavender oil or even Jojoba oil should further stimulate hair growth
How to apply on the skin:
- Massage 2-3 drops of oil directly on the face or hands, heel etc.
- You can also mix it with some tea tree oil or Argan oil
- For a face mask, add a teaspoon of the oil to some egg yolk
One of the few drawbacks of the oil is that it has a pungent smell. In this case, blending the oil with some other essential oils or olive etc. should come in handy.
Also, if you wanted oil for beard growth, this isn’t the oil for you.
#5: WishCare Premium Castor Oil, 200ml
The Wishcare Castor oil is cold pressed from premium castor seeds in Kerala to deliver you an all natural solution to skin and hair problems.
Free from any chemicals like hexane or parabens it is packed with the reinvigorating properties of The Ricinoleic Acid, Oleic Acid, Linoleum Acid, and other important fatty acids with tons of benefits for both hair and skin.
- ALL-IN-ONE SKIN CARE: Get ready for your skin and face to instantly fall in love with your new blemish free and healthy looking supple skin. For your face, remove dirt, grime, make-up, and dry skin leaving your face delicious. Helps to fight acne, reduce acne scars, body moisturizer, no more terribly flaky dry legs, smooth skin, even skin tone, reduces pigmentation, minimizes fine lines and wrinkles, reduces dark circles & eye bags, fades stretch marks, and helps minor skin infections.
- ULTIMATE HAIR CARE: Enjoy having young healthy gorgeous thicker hair once again. Your kinky curly hair will feel softer than it has ever been. No more breakage when detangled or manipulated. Say goodbye to your hair falling out, shedding terribly, tangling, ends dry and brittle, thinning, dry scalp and dandruff. No more clumps of hair on your brush. Say hello to thicker eyebrows and eyelashes.
- AWESOME EYELASHES & EYEBROWS : Castor oil has been proven to be effective in growing and thickening eyelashes. It naturally moisturizes and rehydrates where applied, making it easy for eyelashes to grow quickly. For eyebrows, Castor Oil can be applied with a wand or brush to the eyebrow ridge. Eyebrow hair will grow denser there, and you can shape the eyebrows as usual
Below are a few of those benefits:
Cleans up the face of any dirt and grime and moisturizes it so you look your best be it an evening out with friends or a business meeting.
Not just the face, it moisturizes the legs, heels, hands as. Acne or acne scars won’t be ruining your plans anymore either.
In the long run, it also keeps old age at bay by preventing wrinkles and pigmentation and evens the skin tone throughout the body (just another reason to not miss out on the weekly body massages).
Those dark circles, baggy eyes, stretch marks or even bacterial and fungal skin infections can be healed within days using castor oil.
Whether you have curly rough hair or weak hair full of dandruff, the oil can take care of it all. It will moisturize your scalp to remove dandruff and reduce the shedding within weeks by strengthening their roots.
It also detangles the hair and gives you the silkiness and shine so you too can run your hand through it like those movie stars.
Similarly, it will also improve the density of your eyebrows (say hello to attractive long and lush eyebrows) and in case you have dry lips you no longer need to use those expensive lip balms anymore.
And just like other castor oils, massaging your body and joints with this oil will relieve pain too (especially useful if you have aging parents at home with knee pains).
While the flip top cap is pretty decent what I love most about Wishcare’s bottling is the comb applicator which makes it easy to apply the oil directly from the bottle (no greasy and smelly hands anymore).
The oil is thicker than most other castor oils on the list. This increases absorption time so make sure you put it well in advance so it gives the oil ample time.
Or you can also blend it with coconut oil for the hair and skin both or essential oils like Jojoba oil for the hair and tea tree oil for the skin.
As you can see there are tons of benefits of using castor oil irrespective of whether you apply it directly on your hair and skin or whether you use it in tandem with other essential oils.
But to get those benefits and value for your money, it is important you stick to 100% natural oil. Avoid castor oils that are not extracted naturally as the chemicals like Hexane etc. can cause serious side effects. And we promise, you will no longer have that dreaded of that comes with regular hair fall or pimples, acne etc.
Have you used castor oil in the past? Drop in your experience in the comments below for a more detailed analysis for the readers.
Best Castor Oil In India 2019 (The Ultimate Buyer's Guide) - Product Expert